AASLD Funding Opportunity: Bridge Award
Here is the information from AASLD:
The AASLD Foundation Bridge Award
The AASLD (American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases) Foundation Bridge Award supports investigators who have recently submitted an NIH R or other federally-funded equivalent award and have received competitive scores on their proposal, but were not funded, as they strengthen their proposal for resubmission to the NIH or other federal agency. Applicant must not have other federal funding or significant institutional bridge funding (greater than $25,000, excluding PI salary support).
- Applicant must have a faculty appointment at or below the rank of Associate Professor.
- If funded, at least 20% effort will be devoted to the research project on which this application is based.
- The applicant must be a member of the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (AASLD) at the time of award application and maintain active membership for the duration of the award period.
- Applicant must be sponsored by a public or private, non-profit institution accredited in the United States, Canada or Mexico engaged in health care and health-related research. The funded research project must be conducted at the sponsoring institution within the United States, Canada or Mexico.
- Applicant must have submitted their highly scored NIH R or other federal equivalent application within the last 12 months as of the application deadline. The applicant must be able to provide their Summary Statements and their submitted award materials on Standard Forms SF424 (R&R).
- Applicant does not currently hold other similar research awards. Applicants who hold other research awards (including but not limited to NIH K or R funding; VA Merit Review Grant or Career Development Award; AGA Research Scholar Award; Glaxo Institute of Digestive Health Award; American Liver Foundation Liver Scholar Award, etc.) during the award period are not eligible.
- Applicant may only apply for one (1) AASLD Foundation (AASLDF) award per application cycle.
Awards of $100,000 will be provided over one year. Funds may only be used for salary support (PI salary support limited to $20,000) or for technical support/laboratory supplies (excluding capital equipment) for the recipient. No indirect costs are provided. It is expected that additional funds are available to the investigator in order to carry out the proposed research.
Awards cannot be transferred to another institution without prior written approval from AASLD Foundation. Recipients must acknowledge the award in all publications (abstracts, manuscripts, or other documents) resulting from research performed during the tenure of this award.
This grant is intended as bridge support. If the application is funded by the NIH/equivalent during the AASLD Foundation Bridge Award period, the applicant must notify AASLD Foundation and any unspent funds at the start of the other award must be returned to AASLD Foundation."
Source and more information: http://www.aasldfoundation.org/awards-programs/bridge-award